Sex Crimes Attorneys in Tulsa
Our Attorneys Can Defend against Your Charges
If you are charged with a sex crime, you may experience a number of consequences even before you go to trial. Despite the legal system’s presumption of innocence until proven guilty, your family, friends, and the public at large may judge you before you’ve even had your day in court.
At Enlow Law, we understand that people criminally accused of sex crimes can be unfairly treated outside of the legal system. That’s why you can expect our attorneys to fight for your fair treatment within the system and build the best possible defense against your charges. Our sex crimes attorneys in Tulsa have many years of experience handling a variety of cases, including those that involved felonious sex crimes where clients risked years in prison.
If you need a legal advocate to stand beside you during this time, reach out to Enlow Law for help. We offer a free consultation so you can tell us your need for legal help and hear what we may be able to offer you.
Take advantage of our free consultation by scheduling yours today. Get in touch with us by submitting an online contact form or by calling (918) 212-5359.
How Enlow Law Can Help You
Even one conviction of a sex crime can dramatically affect your life, but under certain circumstances, you may need to defend against more than one such charge. At Enlow Law, we can help you defend against sex crime charges by mitigating or eliminating your responsibility for criminal accusations.
We can handle cases involving crimes such as:
- Rape / Statutory Rape
- Sexual Assault / Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Possession and/or Distribution of Child Pornography
- Other Sex Crimes Involving Minors
- Indecent Exposure
- Sex Offender Registration Violations
The crimes listed above are often charged as felonies, as are many other criminal accusations of a sexual nature. Sentences for a sex-related felony conviction can range from a few years to several decades behind bars, tens of thousands of dollars in fines, as well as thousands more in restitution for victims.
It’s possible to avoid or mitigate these penalties if you seek legal assistance from an experienced and qualified sex crimes attorney in Tulsa like ours at Enlow Law. Get in touch with us today to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney who may be able to help.
A Conviction Can Mean Sex Offender Registry
If you are convicted of a sex crime, you may be required to register with the Oklahoma Sex Offender Registry at one of three levels.
The sex offender registry levels are as follows:
- Level 1: People at this level are considered a low danger to the community and unlikely to engage in criminal sexual conduct. They must register as a sex offender for 15 years from sentencing or after release from prison.
- Level 2: People at this level present a moderate danger to the community and could continue to engage in criminal sexual conduct. They must register as a sex offender for 25 years from sentencing or after release from prison.
- Level 3: People at this level present a serious danger to the community and are expected to continue to engage in sexual criminal conduct. They must register as a sex offender for the remainder of their life.
Being a registered sex offender comes with more than just a stigma. You may be legally prohibited from living in certain areas or taking certain jobs because of your proximity to schools, parks, community centers, and other places where children can be. You may also be compelled to submit samples of your DNA, wear a GPS tracking device, and other consequences of being a convicted sex offender.
With help from Enlow Law, however, you can secure your best possible chances of defending against your charges.
Reach out to our ex crimes attorneys in Tulsa today for more information by calling (918) 212-5359 or contacting us online.