Tulsa Shoplifting Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Shoplifting Charges in Oklahoma
At Enlow Law, we recognize individuals' complexities when accused of shoplifting in Tulsa. Our experienced legal team is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal support to protect your rights and build a strong defense against shoplifting charges.
What is Shoplifting?
Shoplifting constitutes a criminal offense involving taking merchandise from a retail establishment without completing the required payment. In Oklahoma, the legal system treats shoplifting seriously, imposing substantial consequences on individuals accused of this offense. Shoplifting can manifest in various forms, such as concealing items, altering price tags, or leaving the store without paying for goods.
Call Enlow Law today at (918) 212-5359 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our shoplifting attorney in Tulsa!
What are the Penalties for Shoplifting in Oklahoma?
Understanding the potential penalties for shoplifting is crucial for individuals facing such charges. Oklahoma law outlines specific consequences based on the value of the stolen items. Enlow Law is here to guide you through the potential penalties associated with shoplifting in Tulsa:
Petty Larceny (Value Less Than $500):
- Misdemeanor offense
- Up to one year in county jail
- A fine of up to $1,000
Grand Larceny (Value $500 or More):
- Felony offense
- Incarceration ranges from one to five years
- A fine of up to $5,000
- Juveniles may face diversion programs, community service, or other rehabilitative measures
Enhanced Penalties for Repeat Offenses:
- Subsequent convictions may result in increased fines and jail time
Defenses Against Shoplifting Charges
Enlow Law understands the importance of building a robust defense to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome. Our experienced team explores various defenses against shoplifting charges, including:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that the accused did not have the intent to steal
- Mistaken Identity: Presenting evidence that challenges the identity of the accused in the alleged shoplifting incident
- Faulty Surveillance or Investigation: Challenging the reliability of surveillance footage or the investigation process
- Lack of Evidence: Highlighting weaknesses in the prosecution's case due to insufficient evidence
- Civil Compromise: Negotiating with the retailer for a civil compromise to avoid criminal charges
Contact Our Tulsa Shoplifting Attorney Today
Facing shoplifting charges can be overwhelming, but with Enlow Law by your side, you can confidently navigate the legal process. Our commitment to providing aggressive and effective legal representation protects your rights throughout the legal proceedings. If you or a loved one is accused of shoplifting in Tulsa, contact Enlow Law today for a strategic and personalized defense strategy. Trust us to be your dedicated Tulsa shoplifting lawyer, working tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Enlow Law today to meet with our shoplifting lawyer in Tulsa!