Tulsa Theft Lawyer
Experienced Legal Guidance for Theft Charges in Oklahoma
Enlow Law is a leading law firm in Tulsa dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation for individuals facing theft charges. If you or someone you know is accused of theft in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our experienced team of criminal defense attorneys is here to help. With our deep understanding of the law and extensive courtroom experience, we will vigorously defend your rights and work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your case.
Call Enlow Law today at (918) 212-5359 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our theft attorney in Tulsa!
Common Types of Theft Charges
Theft is a serious offense encompassing a range of criminal activities involving the unlawful taking of someone else's property or assets. At Enlow Law, our skilled Tulsa theft lawyers have successfully defended clients facing various theft charges, including:
- Shoplifting: Shoplifting involves stealing merchandise from a store without paying for it or altering price tags to obtain goods at a lower price.
- Burglary: Burglary occurs when someone enters a building, vehicle, or dwelling intending to commit theft or another crime.
- Robbery: Robbery involves taking someone's property through force, threat, or intimidation.
- Identity Theft: Identity theft refers to the unauthorized use of another person's personal information to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Embezzlement: Embezzlement occurs when a person entrusted with managing or controlling someone else's funds or assets misappropriates them for personal gain.
What are the Penalties for Theft Crimes in Oklahoma?
The penalties for theft crimes in Oklahoma vary depending on the value of the stolen property and the specific circumstances surrounding the offense. Generally, theft charges can range from misdemeanors to felonies, and the potential consequences may include:
- Fines: A conviction for theft can result in substantial fines that can significantly impact your finances.
- Incarceration: Theft convictions can lead to imprisonment, with the sentence's length determined by the offense's severity.
- Probation: In some cases, the court may impose probation as an alternative to incarceration. However, violating the terms of probation can result in additional penalties.
- Restitution: If you are convicted of theft, the court may order you to compensate the victim for the loss or damage caused.
Defenses to Theft Charges
Being accused of theft does not automatically mean you are guilty. Our skilled Tulsa theft lawyers will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your case and develop a robust defense strategy tailored to your unique situation. Some common defenses against theft charges include the following:
- Lack of Intent: If you did not intend to permanently deprive someone of their property, it may be possible to argue that you are not guilty of theft.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is a reasonable doubt about your identity as the perpetrator, we can challenge the prosecution's case by presenting evidence that supports your innocence.
- Consent: If you had permission or consent to take the property, it can be a valid defense against theft charges.
- Invalid Search and Seizure: If the evidence against you was obtained through an illegal search and seizure, we could file a motion to suppress the evidence, which may lead to a dismissal or reduction of charges.
Contact Our Tulsa Theft Attorney Today
When facing theft charges, having a skilled and dedicated legal team is crucial to safeguarding your rights and securing the best possible outcome for your case. At Enlow Law, our experienced Tulsa theft lawyers will fight relentlessly to protect your interests, challenge the evidence against you, and explore all available legal defenses. We understand the impact a theft conviction can have on your life, and we are committed to providing you with effective and compassionate representation every step of the way.
If you need a trusted Tulsa theft lawyer to defend your rights, contact Enlow Law today to schedule a consultation. We are ready to provide you with the knowledgeable guidance and aggressive advocacy you deserve.
Contact Enlow Law today to schedule a FREE consultation with our theft attorney in Tulsa!